Saturday 11 August 2012

Day Seven - Mankinholes to Carperby

We are in North Yorkshire. We are over half way and have done over 500 miles.

There are parts of me hurting that have been biding their time for years before giving me grief.

Literary inspiration has been hammered out of me by roads of perverse vertical cruelty and tomorrow we have a long ride over the north York moors to Carlisle - I haven't even got the energy for the usual low-level light-hearted slagging of my mate Steve...forgive me, but I am going to bed .....

But I can throw in a few pics for you...

- of where we are in the UK (quite far north I hope you'll agree).
- the view over my handle-bars.
- my look of fixed concentration / pain
- a bit of Yorkshire cricket at a most incredible location as we ate our lunch
- Sun on the Kettlewell dale
- A babbling brook in Herriot country
- The ever onward road

Cheers and good night

BTW - I'm riding this monster to raise money for a Sussex charity working with mentally disabled children and young adults. If you'd like to support their excellent work, you can find me on Just Giving.

Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment